Monday, June 28, 2010

Well, it is now Monday and we have been home for about a day and a half. I miss seeing the teens everyday, but love taking a shower in privacy and sleeping in my own bed. :)

We got up on Saturday and ate donuts, bagels, and juice in the chapel as a group. Promise and Kelly met us there, so we got one last group photo with all of us in our new Team Effort shirts. After packing the van and truck, we drove down the park to see the rapids that were made by the dam release. We made it just in time to see the water level rise where we were swimming the day before. It was fun, but not as dramatic as they make it seem in the movies. hehe

After a sad goodbye, the teens and adults packed back into the vehicles and started the long trek back home. We ate lunch at Wendy's in Jellico and made it all the way back to Cincinnati before we had our first real incident with driving. Somebody in a mini van decided to play bumper cars between the high speed and middle lanes. After barely avoiding the accident, we turned into a blind corner and one of the drivers of a hit car decides to jump out of his moon roof into the high speed lane. I am sure God had his hand in my driving, because their was no room on either side of me to go and I had to make a split decision on whether to hit the one man or throw all of us into traffic. I chose the man (sorry sir) and God blessed us with not hitting anyone or anything. I haven't been that scared driving in forever!

We made it back to church with no other issues and everyone went home to their families. I want to say a huge thank you to all of the teens and adults who went to TN with me. They were respectful, hardworking, and lots of fun. It is the first time in 20 years that I can honestly say there wasn't any drama all week. . . .well, that I was aware of anyhow. :) I look forward to spending time with them next summer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment